Robert Bowman Jr. (M.A. Fuller Theological Seminary; Ph.D South African Theological Seminary) is the executive director of the Institute for Religious Research. He is married to wife Cathy with four children.
He is the author of a dozen books including Faith Has Its Reasons: Integrative Approaches to Defending Christian Faith and Putting Jesus in His Place: The Case for the Deity of Christ (2007, with J. Ed Komoszewski).
This course was originally recorded as an elective for students of Credo House Ministries advancing beyond “The Theology Program.” It is now a “mini” Credo Course.
Sessions (1 hour each):
- Methods, Theories, and the Make-Your-Own-Jesus Game
- The World in Which Jesus Lived
- The Sources All the Scholars Use
- Why the Fourth Gospel Is Getting Renewed Respect
- What Pagans, Jews, and Gnostics Thought about Jesus
- Skeptics, Mystics, and the Core Historical Facts about Jesus
- Reexamining the Teachings of Jesus
- Jesus’ Messianic and Divine Claims
- History, Theology, and the CrossThe Resurrection and the Historical Jesus
This course is only available in audio format.