This course is a study of both the nature and purpose of the Church and a study of the end times. The purpose of this course is to orient people to the program of God throughout the ages, understanding how the Church fits in to His program. Questions will be asked such as: What is the Church? Why is the Church here? What is the Church supposed to be doing? And how it the Church supposed to do it? The vital relationship between how one answers these questions and the questions concerning the end times will be emphasized, understanding that while orthodox Christianity has always believed that Christ is coming back, there are many differences concerning the details of His coming.
This course can be taken individually, but is also part of a six part series called The Theology Program.
- The student will learn the various views of the nature of the Church.
- The student will understand the difference between the universal body of Christ and the local church.
- The student will learn the different ways that people have understood the relationship of Israel to the Church.
- The student will gain a greater understanding of the purpose of the Church by asking the question, Why is the Church here?
- The student will gain an understanding of what the essential ministries of the local church are.
- The student will learn the various theories concerning the end times.
- The student will study the glories of Heaven and the fears of Hell.
Here is the entire first session.
(1-1.5 hours each)
Session 01: The Nature of the Church
Session 02: The Relationship Between the Church and Israel (Part 1)
Session 03: The Relationship Between the Church and Israel (Part 2)
Session 04: The Purpose of the Church
Session 05: The Ministries of the Church (Part 1)
Session 06: The Ministries of the Church (Part 2)
Session 07: The Gifts of the Church
Session 08: The Marks of a False Church and the Government of the Church
Session 09: Views of the Millennium
Session 10: The Rapture and the Afterlife