The Old Testament
Most of us get our theology from the New Testament (NT). But where did the authors of the NT get their theology? They got it from the Old Testament (OT).
The Jewish religious leaders had misunderstood what God was telling them. Jesus and his disciples showed how the OT had been prophesying about Jesus and the new covenant that he would institute.
Dr. Tremper Longman is the author, editor, or contributor to over 22 titles including: An Introduction to the Old Testament, Song of Songs, and Literary Approaches to Biblical Interpretation.
This course contains 30 sessions covering all aspects of this topic:
- Introduction to Old Testament Theology (What is Theology?)
- How the Old Testament Relates to the New Testament?
- The Synoptic Issue in the Old Testament (Part 1)
- The Synoptic Issue in the Old Testament (Part 2)
- The Exodus Theme in the Old Testament (Part 1)
- The Exodus Theme in the Old Testament (Part 2)
- The Exodus Theme in the New Testament
- God as King
- Noahic and Abrahamic Covenants
- Mosaic and Davidic Covenants
- Jesus Fulfills the Covenants
- God as Warrior in the OT: Harem Warfare
- God as Warrior in the OT: 5 Phases of Holy War
- God as Warrior in the NT
- God as Husband: Love and Marriage
- God as Husband: Song of Songs
- God as Wisdom (Part 1)
- God as Wisdom (Part 2)
- God as Shepherd
- God as Father and Mother
- Genesis 1–3: What it Doesn’t Teach
- Genesis 1–3: What it Does Teach
- Holy Places (Part 1)
- Holy Places (Part 2)
- Holy People: The Priesthood
- Holy Actions: Sacrifices
- Holy Time: The Sabbath
- Ecclesiastes: Life Is Difficult and Then You Die